Day Boat FAQs, Barnes Brinkcraft, Wroxham
How do I find you?
- Please click here for directions
Do I need to bring life jackets?
- No – we’ll provide them for you
- We have life jackets suitable for babies, children and adults
- A few dog life jackets are also available
Can I bring my dog?
- Yes, you can bring a max of 2 dogs with you
- It’s worth remembering some dogs love being on a boat, but not all. We recommend bringing a dog bed with you
- We would recommend the Brinklets for dogs as these are the easiest for them to get on and off
Do you provide a map?
- Yes we do via the Broadcaster magazine, although it’s pretty difficult to get lost on a river
Where can I go?
- Please see our suggested itinerary here
What speed will the boat travel at?
- There is a speed limit of between 3 and 5 mph in this part of the Broads National Park
- This is designed to protect the wildlife on the banks from wash caused by boats
How easy is it to get on board?
- Our boats are easy to walk onto from the rear of the boat – see picture here
Where can I park?
- We have parking for circa 20 cars. There is also plenty of FREE car parking behind the railway station, a 5 min walk away
What should I bring with me?
- Please come prepared for the weather. sun hats, sunscreen and bottled water on hot days, and a flask and an extra coat on chiller days
- Don’t forget your camera
- Flat shoes with good grip such as trainers are ideal
- You might want to pack a picnic
What happens if I break down?
- This happens very rarely, and we have our engineers on hand to help out once you let us know you need help
- Ring the yard on 01603 782625 and select engineers
- Tell them where you are
- They will get to you by car if you are accessible, if not they will travel by boat
- Please be patient, it can take a while for the engineer to get to you
- Even if you drift into the bank, you are very very unlikely to come to harm on the boat
Will I receive instruction?
- Ian and his team are on hand to run you through the basics of how to use a boat
- It is pretty straight forward once you get the hang of it
What is our security deposit policy?
- We only collect deposits from a very few clients click here for details
Can I fish from the boat?
- Yes you can
- You will need a licence, which can be purchased here
- Please note we don’t supply mud weights with the boats
If you have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org